However, this meant I had to export my bookmarks every time I made a change and reimport them on all my systems.
I put up with this for a bit since I had other priorities to wade through.
Hopefully everything will begin evening out among your bookmarks and/or data.
I also found a good tip for Android users in the Google Chrome forums describing an issue with Android phones causing duplicate bookmarks.
Figure A shows what I would generally see every time the problem exploded.
Finally just before leaving on my trip I thought: "This is ridiculous.
Technology is supposed to solve problems, not create them." I knew I'd be adding a lot of links at the conference and wanted one less chore on my to-do list, so I began digging into the issue to see what I could do. (Figure C) Everything looked normal to me - except the "Open Tabs" and "Bookmarks" fields - Google thought I had seventeen times as many bookmarks as I really possessed, even after multiple deletions and manual imports on all my computers.
(Figure H) Wow, I guess luck really is with me in Vegas! (Figure J) Wait a bit to ensure the changes take effect then restart Chrome.
Access chrome://settings again, then click "Sign in to Chrome" to connect your account once more. (Figure M) Leave the defaults (unless there is a category which you do NOT want to sync) and click "OK." Repeat this process for every system on which you are signed into Chrome.